TEDxJAKARTA NIYATA 2017

One of 2017 highlights was getting an invitation to TEDxJakarta on June. After several trials applying, finally I got a chance to meet fellow inspiring new friends through TEDxJakarta. Woohoo!

In its 12th event, TEDxJAKARTA managed to score Jakarta Art Building a.k.a Gedung Kesenian Jakarta located in Pasar Baru as its gathering place. I have been to Gedung Kesenian many times before, but this time I felt strangely different. Its vibe was young, kind-spirited, and insightful. They put information board in both alley showing knowledgeable information about Indonesia, especially Jakarta. And stood stalls of benefactors, sharing information about their company, mostly what have they done up until now for the country.

Upon entering, I felt so...small in the middle of this vast of global information. I thought I knew that much, but suddenly my brain was empty. Oh, I was so ready to grasp any information they offered.

I came alone. I was so scared to introduce my self to strangers and made friends. So, when a bunch of girls came near me, I hesitantly talk first and introduced my self. It was quite strange for me because I rarely introduced my self to people. Working as a Special Education Teacher for 7 years in the same school had made me dull in terms of social skills. Haha. So, long story short, I managed to find two new friends during the event. We still keep contact until now. Nice, isn't it?

I must say the event was enlightening, for me. It was real, distint, and true, which is corresponding with its theme, Niyata. Niyata is Sanskrit which means nyata in Bahasa Indonesia. As written on the web, TEDxJakarta 12: Niyata evolves around the celebration of order, abides to the notion that even nature most often works in alluring patterns, precipitated by the sum of many tiny-yet-meaningful and methodical inflections. TEDxJakarta Niyata had brought new point of view to myself. That someone out there was really trying to look out what's beyond our nature, how to respect it, and how to deal with its complexity and its unpredictability. Because, life finds its way.

Speakers:
Adi Utarini - Mosquito Charmer
Anindya Krisna - Ballerina & Pedagogue
Dian Ara - Jane of All Trade
Faye Simanjuntak - Age-defying Activist
Firly Savitri - Science Egalitarian
Suci Nurhati - Climate Scientist
Iffet Sidharta - Mother of Rock Overlords
Mirza Kusrini - Amphibian Connoisseur
(Did I miss someone? Hopefully not. And my favorite was the 15 year old girl talking about human trafficking, Faye)

All photos are taken from TEDxJakarta


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afternoon Tea And Flowery Time With Cutting Project

Before Coup D'etat