Overthinking Nights

Once upon a time, I had this dream--a dream that adulthood would bring boundless freedom into my life. I envisioned a world where I could earn my own keep, buy whatever I desired, and saunter home at any hour without a lecture. The autonomy to shape my life, well, that was the goal. Of course, there was the small detail of paying bills, but I figured that was a minor detail in the grand scheme of things.

As the years rolled by, reality struck me with a force I had not anticipated. The initial years of working felt like I was on cloud nine. I was the first among my peers to earn some cash, and with that came a sense of arrogance. I became closed-minded, thinking my current job was enough in terms of both financial gain and recognition. Little did I know, I was missing out on golden opportunities that were right in front of me, all because of my narrow perspective.

Then, life took an unexpected turn. The pandemic hit, altering everything I thought I knew. Those things I considered routine suddenly became distant, thanks to the constraints of physical distancing. These past four years, have been the most challenging of my professional life. I thought my savings would carry me through, and once the pandemic lifted, the world would return to normal. I could not have been more wrong. 

Now, here I am, feeling trapped in a world of my own making--a world where I did not seek advice from the experienced souls in my younger years. Do I regret it? Maybe. I'm not ready to admit it just yet. I'm in the process of breaking free from the small world I constructed.

Every night, my thoughts seem to grow larger, leading me into the realm of revenge bedtime procrastination. Don't lecture me on self-diagnosis--I'm not sure if that's what it is. I just know that despite being physically exhausted from a day's work, my brain insists on scrolling through social media late into the night, refusing to let me sleep.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afternoon Tea And Flowery Time With Cutting Project

Bad Days Turn Into....