Life Surprises Me

Actually, this post has been in my draft for years. I was having an idea about how life surprises me since I started to earn my living. However, it was never finished because either I kept postponing on writing it or kept changing what to write. Ha!

Well, you might want to know why I am making this kind of post (or not! whatever). Because I know nothing about life although I try to plan ahead. I am a kind of person who'd like to have the life goes as planned. However, in fact, life sometimes drifts away from the planning. Yeah, it sometimes throws us lemons in the bizarre way. 

As a person who lack experiences, I am yet exposed to the world. A real one. All I have done in my life was following the rules, being a good kid, getting good score, and caring others (?). So, once life is not going according to my schedule, my plan, my wish, I.....................am surprised (not brave enough to say that I am shock!). And do you want to know how I handle surprises?

I am not going to say that I throw tantrum when life goes sideways. Sure, sometimes (yes, only sometimes) I guess I throw little (and quiet) tantrums? Actually, depending on the person or the situation that I am into, I still get mad, for real. When my blood is boiling, I know myself needs to stop; taking a time to think and calm myself down for a bit. I need time to be composed, to grasp what is happening, and to clear up my mind from the emotion raised at the moment. If not, then I think I'm gonna hurt someone, either with my behavior or my words. 

I don't know whether it's because of being an Arians or not, but from my experiences, my words can be dangerously blunt and truly straightforward. In this case, sometimes I don't have time to think about another factors (such as the other's person emotion) but what I really need to say or do when the problem arises. Besides, I cannot fake my facial expression when I'm thrown into uncomfortable surprises. So, people will perceive me as a short-tempered kind of girl. Haha..

How I handle my anger has evolved from time to time. Thanks to particular circumstances, basically the human relationships, I learn a lot from my past experiences. Depending on the situation, the year, and the mood I am having at the moment, I can safely say that now I am calmer and more mature in handling surprises than before.

There's this philosophy I read about stoicism. And it helps me a lot to think and take control of what I can control, which is my emotion. In daily life, there are things that I can control and things I cannot. So, I am trying to look at this new perspective to perceive the surprises. Whether it is something I can control or not. If not, then why should I waste my energy and get mad? I am accepting that sometimes things are out of control and I can do nothing about it. So when the uncontrolled things happen, I whisper to myself to just move on with my life, just let it go and follow through it. Because I cannot do anything about it. But at least I can control my thought, my emotion, and my behavior toward it.

What about you guys? How do you handle surprises in life?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afternoon Tea And Flowery Time With Cutting Project

Bad Days Turn Into....