Hey, What's SUB?

At the end of 2017, I got a chance (or an invitation?) to explore East Java from one of my colleague. I've known her since 2015 when I joined the new unit at school. She is from Pasuruan. She tries her luck in the capital city since years ago. But, when she has holidays, she decides to go home in Pasuruan.

Pasuruan is one of the city in East Java that is usually called City of Mountain (if I'm not mistaken) because (yeah you can guess the reason why) it's surrounded by mountains. So, when she told me that she's coming home, I came along with her. :)

She's so nice to let me sleep in her house and take me to see around Pasuruan, Surabaya, and Malang in just a few days. It's kind of a new experience for me because I did not remember going to Surabaya when I was a child. Once, I have been to Kediri, another small city in East Java. But, that's it. I've been to Malang as well, as a real tourist, and I thought I need more exposure of the other beautiful cities around East Java.

--
She went home first because she needed to take some days to be together with her family before I tagged her along. So, I headed to Surabaya a week after holiday started. She picked me up in the airport and I felt like a celebrity because I usually traveled alone and no one took me to nor picked me up at the airport. Haha!

We spent 2D1N in Surabaya to have a quick escape. We ate at some famous restaurants, visited mostly museums, and talked a lot. It was kind of a healing process to be able to have a journey with a person who shares the same vision about life and travel itself. Not to mention that we are both Arians. So, we quite have a lot in common, and arguing was one of the highlights of the trip. (yeah, because we are two stubborn people!)

Enjoying our time in Surabaya, we were off to Pasuruan. We took the bus to Pasuruan from Bungurasih station. I forgot how much I paid, but it was cheap, I guess. And it took only one and a half hour to get to Pasuruan through the highway. It was late at night (as far as I could remember). We waited for around 15 mins for her brothers to pick us up in the meeting point (where we got off the bus). They drove a motorcycle, I meant, the two brothers were driving their own motorcycle and it was dope.

I let the night wind caressed my face gently as we went uphill to her house.

It was a nice small house but felt homey because her mom greeted me warmly. Her nephew and niece were there as well looking cute and shy. We cleaned our self and dreamed the night away.

--
The phone connection there was not good,maybe because it was located in the middle of the mountain. So, whenever we need to be updated with the world, we walked down the city where the civilization was alive. It was called Taman Dayu, where all the restaurant and leisure things were overflowed. And the important things was the connection. So, in the morning, we walked back and forth Taman Dayu, ate KFC, bought souvenirs (mostly food, ha!) and enjoyed the green scenery. One day, we managed to sneak up to Malang by bus (again!) to relish our need of colorful houses in Jodipan village. Although the weather was gloomy, we kept walking around while embracing the drizzle. 

I think I'm kinda miss this kind of traveling for the past two years. Due to pandemic, I've stayed at home since the beginning of 2020 and currently just hoping pandemic will be under control soon so I can let step explore the new area. *fingers crossed* 

--
P.S: I have difficulty finding my 2017 photos in Pasuruan. So, these are all I've got.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afternoon Tea And Flowery Time With Cutting Project

Bad Days Turn Into....